Ane of Modern Conventional Carbon Dating laboratory is based on Radioactivity measurement by Liquid Scintillation Counting (LSC). As for LSC based Conventional Carbon Dating laboratory it is required modern liquid scintillation counter (spectrometer) like: QUANTULUS Liquid Scintillation Spectrometer or Tri-Carb Liquid Scintillation Counters both produced by PerkinElmer Inc.. Benzene as counting sample is produced using benzene line.
Some requirements to lab:
Staff required: 1-3 person.
Rooms: at least 2 rooms of about 20 square meter each (one as an chemical lab) and another for counting equipment. Both including water, electricity and ventilation system.
- Vacuum pump (1 or 2), oil based pump with pressure about 20 mBar.
- Ventilation oven up to 450 degree C.
- Liquid nitrogen: up to 0,5-1,0 L per sample.
- Lithium (metal as for synthesis) of 1,0 to 10,0 g per sample.
- Alcali (NaOH, 1-3%).
- Acid (HNO3, 1-3%).
- Hydrofluoric acid, (1-2%).
- Sulfuric Acid about 1L per year.